Thursday, February 23, 2006

Chapter Six

Sitting on the front step was her husband. His head buried in his hands and tucked between his legs like a dog tucks his tail when it runs away scared. He was trying to say something through the sobs, she was unable to make it out though. It sounded like "....sorry......soo.....sor..."

Stand there was all she could do. Millions of thoughts were racing through her mind about how to respond. She didnt know anything. Mercifully breaking the tense awkwardness of the moment, he turns around to see her standing there, looking utterly lost.

He begins to stand up, struggles at first, but refuses to give up until he is standing and facing her. He looks into her eyes, takes her hand into his and tells her "Sweetie, I'm sorry. I am so tremendously sorry. I should never walk out the door like I just did, but you have to trust me. I would never betray you like that. Never ever. Has the thought crossed my mind? Perhaps, but I don't love her and I never will. Do you know why?"

She struggles to mutter a "why?" as tears are beginning to stream down her red cheeks.

"Because you are the one I love and thats the way it is. There isnt another woman in the world for me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home